Thursday, August 14, 2008

Puzzleheaded

The last few days were difficult to me. I couldn’t think well,my brain stopped and freezed many times,woozy and sometimes couldn’t afford a caper from my friends!!. At night I cant sleep till 3 am and wake up everday at 6:30am, even the nap during the day is so difficult.
I really missed my family and the sweet house environment. My parents and sister went back to iraq on Tuesday, the same day I went to baghdad. I reached at 6pm after 7hours trip from mosul. More checkpoints were along the road.especially from samarra to baghdad where you can see the next checkpoint by your eyes when you are in a checkpoint!!!
At that night I was so happy ,we spent all the time filled of laugh and humour with all my brothers, sisters and neighbours.my nephews kept hugging me.i began to tell the jokes and couldn’t stop.we kept till 2 am.
my father talked about the humiliation they faced at the borders and how they were treated. It was so frustrating to hear that.
im feeling of guilt toward my family, they need me near them especially my parents are old seniors. I’m supposed to take care of them and my brother and sister. Many times they delay to achieve some staff untill I visit them. If I could take them with me just to take care of them and pay back a tenth of what they have done to me.my sisters and brother kept satting beside me all the time, ibought them gifts but I know that will not substitute the warmth and the support that im ought to give,they were talking to me if they faced any obstacle or a problem but no more. I will try to spend every moment to make them glad.
Love your family and friends and Keep smiling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

may god protect you and your family..

Anonymous said...

hi this is mama:
just wanted to write these proverbs:
-absence makes the heart grow fonder.
-east or west home is the best.
-handsome is who handsome dose.
-the darkest hour is that before the dawn.
wait for the dawn my dear as we all do.

Anonymous said...

ha, I will try out my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's really amazing, thanks.

- Thomas